Friday, August 26, 2011

What F*cking Free Enterprise???

Tent cities: the new American country club.

"The free enterprise system does not leave people behind. People are poor and people are left behind because they do not have access to the free enterprise system because something in their lives or in their community has denied them access to the free enterprise system."
--Marco Rubio

So, according to Rubio, America's record poverty can be blamed on a "lack of access to free enterprise". Sounds like a no-brainer. But it depends on your definition of "free enterprise". I'm sure Rubio, being an obedient fluffer of the corporate aristocracy, has a different take to me.

Anyone outside of the endless Tea Party circle jerk knows poverty is largely the direct result of Rubio-style "free enterprise" being imposed on this country - it is absolutely not a symptom of its absence. What liars like Rubio and his parasite-enabling GOP cohorts have done is twist "free enterprise" so the deck is always stacked in favor of those who have already won. Their idea of "free enterprise" has nothing to do with honest reward through hard work and merit: It's a predatory scam, a closed shop, a shell game, a mass fraud that's created an unprecedented disparity between rich and poor and blocked advancement by the middle/working classes. Free enterprise Rubio-style? The poor have had compulsory access to that for years. That's why they're f*cking poor.

The top 1% bought the lawmakers. And they've worked together to transfer financial risk onto the other 99%, to monopolize opportunity for themselves and to generally un-free the concept of free enterprise. Now what we have is socialism for the corporate aristocrats fueled by government grants, no-interest loans, low taxes and self-penned laws... while working Americans, small businesses, innovators and budding entrepreneurs get royally shafted at every turn. American "free enterprise" only creates wealth for the wealthy while suckering the rest of us into voting ourselves poorer. According to US census data:

The top 20 percent of American earners -- those making more than $100,000 annually -- received 49.4 percent of all income generated in the country, compared with the 3.4 percent earned by those below the poverty line. That is a ratio of 14.5-to-1, up from 13.6 in 2008 and almost double the low figure of 7.69 recorded in 1968.

Let me sign off with thoughts of guillotines and firing squads. Revolution redux anyone?



  1. I had to leave Florida because I refuse to live in a state that would elect Marco Rubio and Rick Scott. In fact I have left the country and have moved to Canada. Will come back when some common sense prevails (if ever)

  2. Yea, free enterprise, as in having access to education, food, and jobs created by their friends,that they take till their parents die and leave them their fortunes.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.