Monday, December 7, 2009

Socialist Jesus

I guy called Whammer makes a good point when he takes issue with Christianist wingnut talk radio-er Janet Parshall:

"I got to thinking, and opened my Bible to the Acts of the Apostles, where it is written that after Christ ascended: "...many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. And all that believed were together, and had all things in common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2: 43-45.

That sounds like a socialist collective to me. So who am I to believe - Janet Parshall when she says 'socialism' is evil, or the apostles who actually walked with Christ?"


Socialist Jesus? Easier to imagine than Rush Limbaugh's kinda Jesus for whom everything, including healthcare, is a commodity accessible to only those with sufficient means irrespective of need. The quality of mercy is not strained... unless you can't pay for it.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.